The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first step
within the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You will gain additional experience as a PADI Professional and will also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
• Give academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course.
• Teach the Project AWARE Specialty courses.
• Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences.
• Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
What will I need to start?
• PADI Divemaster rating or equivalent qualifying certification.
• 18 years old and above.
• Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
What will I do?
• Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations.
• Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations.
• Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations.